Something for Everyone
Life Enrichment provides a variety of therapeutic activities, leisure education and recreational programs to meet the interests and needs of each resident at Cedarbrook. Residents are invited to participate in recreational programs, which occur both on and off the nursing units, and within the community. Activity schedules are posted and a monthly newsletter for each facility offers much more information. Families and friends are welcome to participate!
Cedarbrook staff prides itself on offering a highly active schedule, with programs and opportunities for residents to creatively get involved in ways that enhance their independence and personal strengths. The Life Enrichment Department has staff at both Cedarbrook Allentown and Fountain Hill. Teams create social programming with a seasonal or vocational focus, providing individualized activities that match the capabilities and needs of each person. This helps the healing process immensely and families are encouraged to join in the recreational festivities. Please see our Facebook page to see some of the fun we are having now at Cedarbrook.
Here is a list of pertinent, ongoing events and programs:
- Book clubs
- Choirs and musical performances
- Community outreach programs
- Drawing and painting
- Fitness activities
- Games and trivia
- History connections
- Holiday events
- Ice cream socials
- Newsletters (Hillside News and Sunshine News)
- Outside entertainment
- Pet therapy and visits
- Resident councils
- Religious services and festivities
- Trips to museums, community festivals and restaurants
- Volunteer involvement
Why consider Life Enrichment in your choice of Cedarbrook?
- Lehigh County invests more in enriching the lives of Cedarbrook residents than many skilled nursing facilities.
- It is very hard to be bored at Cedarbrook with an active schedule of recreation and nearly 200 volunteers to help as well.
- Cedarbrook employs chaplains to meet the Faith needs of our residents and utilizes pastoral volunteers as well to meet the needs of residents of various faiths.